Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 15.6" laptop (15-eb0501na)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP Spectre X360 15.6" laptop (15-eb0501na) and I am looking to use it with my HP Reverb G2 VR headset but it does not have a Display Port connector. I have tried a USB-C/Thunderbolt to DP convertor (StarTech CDP2DP14B) but it does not work. A few seconds after plugging in it throws the error "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)" and this message also shows in the device manager.

I have tested the Reverb G2 Headset on other hardware and it works fine. I have also tested the Display Port convertor works on the Spectre laptop when used with a standard monitor.

The specs for the adapter are correct and it *SHOULD* work but it looks like there is an incompatibility somewhere.

StarTech have been very helpful by confirming that it should work and trying to resolve the issue. - unfortunately without success, so they have now offered to refund the adapter .

Does anyone have this working? If so, what adapter did you use, or how did you get it to work?

Any help gratefully received.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.