Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott__G
Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Using Reverb G2 on HP Spectre X360 15.6" laptop (15-eb0501na)

HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 15.6" laptop (15-eb0501na)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP Spectre X360 15.6" laptop (15-eb0501na) and I am looking to use it with my HP Reverb G2 VR headset but it does not have a Display Port connector. I have tried a USB-C/Thunderbolt to DP convertor (StarTech CDP2DP14B) but it does not work. A few seconds after plugging in it throws the error "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)" and this message also shows in the device manager.

I have tested the Reverb G2 Headset on other hardware and it works fine. I have also tested the Display Port convertor works on the Spectre laptop when used with a standard monitor.

The specs for the adapter are correct and it *SHOULD* work but it looks like there is an incompatibility somewhere.

StarTech have been very helpful by confirming that it should work and trying to resolve the issue. - unfortunately without success, so they have now offered to refund the adapter .

Does anyone have this working? If so, what adapter did you use, or how did you get it to work?

Any help gratefully received.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation