Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Very slow HP-15-DB0043NA

HP-15-DB0043NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having huge problems with this notebook. Its brand new, nothing on it but stock systems and the CPU is maxed out. Great difficulty to install the necessary updates as it times out because it's trying to prioritise the installations. Most updates crash out as it doesn't have other updates installed in order to install the other and thus snowballs.

I do like the machine and it would be a shame to return it but this product at the current state is unusable.

So far, I have checked HP website and it has the divers needed, however issue seems to be with the machine itself and/or windows updates.

Any advice what I should look at?

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9,463 9,251 1,798 3,398
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Very slow HP-15-DB0043NA

Hi,

What you can try first is to completly update the PC (see if latest version of Windows is installed).

Here is a small guide I created:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/New-notebook-running-slow/ta-p/7057949

For much better performance I would also add another 4GB of RAM and replace the HDD with a 2.5" SSD or insert an M2 SATA3 SSD in the M2 slot.

Hope it helps,

David

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation