Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP - 15-bw069sa 15.6

Bought new since opening it's really slow browsing, streaming on sky amazon etc is a no go just stutters, noticed the cpu is running at 46% with nothing running once any programmes loaded goes to 100%, will upgrading memory from 4gb to 16gb help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Sorry, just to add processor is AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G. Aloso is it possible to upgrade the processor?

HP Recommended

@Meddigo

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

I need more details.

Follow the steps given below:

• Press the Windows and R keys together (Win+R) to open the Run dialog.

• Type devmgmt.msc then press Enter to open Device Manager.
  • Click View then select Devices by connection.
  • Locate the AMD processor and double-click to open Properties window.
  • Click Details.
  • Select Device instance path under Property.
  • Note the FAMILY value.

Also, follow the steps below and note the version and OS build.

1. Press the Windows and R keys together (Win+R) to open the Run dialog.

2. Type winver then press Enter to open About Windows.
  3. Note the Version and OS Build.

Please let me know the FAMILY value, Version and OS Build.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No you can't upgrade just the processor. Soldered to the motherboard. The A9 is a fairly solid mid-level processor and should not be that slow. Something else is going on. 

HP Recommended

It is showing  2 x processors value is ACPI\AUTHENTICAMD_-_AMD64_FAMILY_21_MODEL_112_-_AMD_A9-9420_RADEON_R5__5_COMPUTE_CORES_2C+3G___\_0   the second one is ACPI\AUTHENTICAMD_-_AMD64_FAMILY_21_MODEL_112_-_AMD_A9-9420_RADEON_R5__5_COMPUTE_CORES_2C+3G___\_1

forum.png

Version 1803 OS build 17134.165

Thanks

device mgr.png

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I am new here and hate to sound ungrateful, but does it normally take 2 days to get an answer?

HP Recommended

1st. i have 2 there so

the first one:                                                ACPI\AUTHENTICAMD_-_AMD64_FAMILY_21_MODEL_112_-_AMD_A9-9425_RADEON_R5__5_COMPUTE_CORES_2C+3G___\_0
and the second one:                              ACPI\AUTHENTICAMD_-_AMD64_FAMILY_21_MODEL_112_-_AMD_A9-9425_RADEON_R5__5_COMPUTE_CORES_2C+3G___\_1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.