Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A7AV)

Hello Everyone,

I bought before two moths a new laptop (Victus HP gaming 15-fa0xxx), which have a processor i7-12650h, 2300 Mhz

From first time, I realize there is an issue that when the charger is unplugged and the laptop working only on battery, the CPU speed slow down and stuck to 0.4 Mhz !!

I tried to read many threads and article about this issue, and found that BD prochot is automatically come on YES mode when remove the charger from the laptop although the temperature is normal, and when plug the charger  again it return to normal speed of processor!!Screenshot 2023-03-21 234515.png!

I'm really disappointed to face this problem from intel and HP, if I go in a travel and need to work in the airplane, what should I do? Should I have the charger every where to go, If I was on a trip and need to send an urgent email, should I wait 10 minutes until the laptop open and wait another 10 minutes until the software run and start to respond.

Is there any solution for this problem ?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @maat2,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing issues with your Victus By HP Gaming Laptop 15-Fa0000 (680A7AV) wherein the unit slows down on battery mode.

Please run the updates from HP Support Assistant by following the steps listed below:
1. Download the current version from this Weblink
2. Click on Updates and Messages to scan for new updates.
3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
You may also refer to the HP document to download and use HP Support Assistant by visiting this Weblink.

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @Rainbow23,

Thank you for your reply.

I followed all the steps and unfortunately doesn't solve the problem.

the laptop still go to 0.4 GHZ (almost 10% of it's CPU processor) when unplug the charger and work on battery (although battery is 100% charge!!).

I think the BIOS should have a new update from HP to solve this problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @maat2,

You may also change the processor speed in the power option by following the steps listed below.

1. Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
  2. Click Hardware and Sound.
  3. Select Power Options.
  4. Find Processor power management and open the menu for Minimum processor state.
  5. Change the setting for on battery to 100%.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a nice day.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @Rainbow23,

I tried this solution, also it's not work.

I believe the issue caused by Thermal Throttling turned to YES when unplug the charger, and it's directly back to NO state when plug the charger again (which this is unlogic).

Please find the two pictures attached, and shows when the laptop unplug, thermal throttle come to YES and max core come to 0.4 GH !Screenshot 2023-03-27 144649 Unplugged.pngScreenshot 2023-03-27 144741 Plugged.png

HP Recommended

Hi @maat2,

This issue might require one on one interaction over the phone to fix it.

I have sent you a private message with the required information to talk to HP Support. 

In order to access your private messages, click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you Mr. Rainbow23 for your support and fast response.

But Please I didn't  receive any private email yet.

I am really appreciate to contact technical team of HP, so I can follow and clear the problem more proper way.

Best Regards.

HP Recommended

Hi Maat2

Is your problem solved? I want to know if your OGH and BIOS are the latest versions?

Regards. 

HP Recommended

Hi Lora,

Thank you for your post.

I notice Today morning update notification about BIOS.

I Install it and the laptop restarted to get the effect of new release (Update takes around 5 minutes until Windows Screen opened again).

I tried after that to disconnect the power and work in battery, BUT Unfortunately the issue still exist.

Please find the attached image.

the main issue that when remove the power and work on battery, Thermal Throttle turned on directly and the CPU frequency

stuck on 0.4 MHz !

If there is any step can I do, please inform me.

Thank you again

Regards.

Screenshot 2023-04-17 110812.png

HP Recommended

Hi Maat2

I'm sorry to hear that your problem hasn't been solved. I think the current problem needs to contact HP services for further HW testing also. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact

Best regards. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.