cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Video chip replacement for HP Omen 17-w011ur

HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-w011ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, HP community.
I have next problem: my Nvidea video chip n16e-gr-a1 has hardwarely broken. I went to offishial hp support office (Russia), where they diagnosed that "yes, my videochip is faulty". Than they sad that n16e-gr-a1 is not  supplied anymore, so the only thing they can do is to change the hole motherboard (for of course an unacceptable cost). I asked, if they can use any other videochip model. They sad, no, this is the only option, but if I find it anywhere else, they can replace it.

So I tried to find n16e-gr-a1 in any store, but this version is not solled anywhere.

My question is next: I am absolutly sure that they wrong and of course I can replace n16e-gr-a1 to any other version, for example n16e-gt-a1, which is easy to buy. I tried to infomation myself, but I am bad with specifications, and I felt in seeking. Could you please confirm or deny my statement, that I can replace my chip with other versions, not only n16e-gr-a1. If I am right, please explain wich models I can use.

Thanks very much for help.

p.s. My laptop warranty has already expired

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation