Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP spectre x360 13T ae000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will the WD black SN750 fit with or without heat sink (offered in both versions). 

My Spectre X360 came (used) with 500 GB SSD. Want to upgrade before populating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The version of the WD Black SN750 without the heatsink will fit.

The version with the heatsink is more likely to be for desktop PC motherboards with M.2 slots like the ASUS Crosshair 5 Formula-Z I have in the PC I am typing this on.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@kraftwerkturbo

Welcome to HP support community.

You may need to check with WD for details on whether or not it would fit with the heatsink, as I've personally not come across such as upgrade, that said HP does not recommend upgrades or h/w changes as the device is designed to work at its optimal performance from factory.

If you wish to proceed with the upgrade either way, you may do so, at your own discretion.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How about: is HP using heat sink when upgrading that computer to 1TB or 2TB m.2 SSD?

HP Recommended

@kraftwerkturbo

It is system managed and it can not be adjusted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

"system managed"? What in the world are you talking about? 
Did HP invent 'system managed' heat sinks large m.2 drives? 

The question was if HP is using heat sink on large m.2 drives in this computer. 

HP Recommended

Here is a photo showing the drive with and without heat sink. 

You are saying HP has a robot that the system manages to put it on and take it off as needed? 

Does the specified computer I have come with that system manager/robot?

HP Recommended

Maybe I need to rephrase the question: does the specified computer have enough space to install the specified (title) m.2 drive WITH HEAT SINK?

HP Recommended

@kraftwerkturbo

Thanks for the clarification, It looks like the M.2 SSD will fit it in without the heatsink, however, may not fit in with it, as it isn't tested by HP as such, I can't guarantee it but you are welcome to try at your own discretion.

Good luck

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The version of the WD Black SN750 without the heatsink will fit.

The version with the heatsink is more likely to be for desktop PC motherboards with M.2 slots like the ASUS Crosshair 5 Formula-Z I have in the PC I am typing this on.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.