Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 Ryzen 3 Dy0004au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop model is Hp 15q Ryzen 3 dy0004au. There is a M.2 slot on the motherboard. I want to know that what type of M.2 ssd supported, is it M.2 SATA or M.2 Nvme or Pcle.

I tried to insert WD green 240gb M.2 SATA 2080. But it didn't show up on my disk manager. Im very confused. Please help me. Will this WD green M.2 SATA support on my laptop?

Im attaching the image of my M.2 port and ssd.

Thank you.

IMG_20201203_115910.jpg

IMG_20201203_115926.jpg

IMG_20201203_115839.jpg

  ssd

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

According to chapter 1 of the manual, the M.2 slot is supposed to support both SATA and NVMe M.2 SSD's.

Normally, notebooks with the Ryzen processors such as yours, support NVMe M.2 SSD's.

So, if the SATA M.2 drive isn't working, the only suggestion I can offer would be to try a NVMe one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.