Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 17t-by400 CTO

I sent my laptop in for a hinge repair, and apparantely it was pulled from the repair line for "security" reasons..

They sent it back to me, and told me "non HP parts are NOT ALLOWED!!

REALLY, I can't add any aftermarket parts to MY OWN LAPTOP??

Now they tell mr they don't have the parts

they need to repair it!

They have had my laptop since 12-16-22

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

They sent my SSD back to me, but not the laptop, this is VERY FRUSTRATING!!

HP Recommended

@Ragtop64 

Did you upgrade ANY part on your machine ? The be able to claim warranty you MUST put your machine back to its ORIGINAL hardware status otherwise they wont accept and may reject your claim

Now, you have to ask them to send your machine back then start over again. Sorry, nothing more we can help you from this forum

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I upgraded the 2nd spinner type HD to an SSD drive, and was not aware that doing so would cause any problems since this was a hinge/screen repair, and has nothing to do with the HD's in the laptop.

I guess I got lucky as the just sent my SSD back to, and not the entire machine!

This must be buried in the T's and C's of the warranty somewhere. I did see where the notice sent with the box they sent me said to remove external accessories, etc, but had NO idea it meant ANY hardware, including internal secondary drives as well.

Guess I need to read the fine print better.

I have never had this problem with ANY other manufacturer..

Also, 6 total weeks to repair my laptop, (from the date I shipped it, to the estimated return date ) is CRAZY!

I have been in the customer service group for a large computer firm for over 30 years, 

and if I ever told a customer it would take 6 weeks to fix a machine, they would never buy one of our products again.

Sorry to ramble on, it's just that this is incredibly frustrating. 

Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated!

HP Recommended

@Ragtop64 

I don't think HP has a contract for consumer class machines : how long for a repair job. I worked for a company which has few suppliers including HP and all contracts between us and vendors always set dates for onsite repair jobs. Some parts must be within 24hrs

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.