Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-p258nl
Linux

Hello to all, currently in my Pavilion 15 (p258nl) I've the wireless module Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 HMC combo adapter, with only one antenna. By the moment that it has poor Linux - Ubuntu support and no dual band, I want to upgrade it to the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 combo adapter (spare part 710662-00, this https://www.ebay.it/itm/HP-COMPAQ-710662-001-INTEL-WIRELESS-AC-3160-CARD-3160HMW-AC/263534668387 ) and adding the second antenna inside screen cover as methioning in the maintenance and service guide under the WLAN module upgrade guide. I've read about a similar question but nobody say to adding the second antenna, I've purchased the antenna kit for 3160 wlan card (this: https://www.ebay.it/itm/1-Pair-U-FL-Internal-Antenna-For-Mini-PCI-E-Wifi-Card-Intel-3160HMW-Intel-72... ) and I think I'm able to disassemble and install it. I want to know if there is any whitelisting for wlan (I've the 5th gen. Intel i7 5500U), if is necessary to upgrade bios firmware to any specific versione or any possible known issue to this upgrade?

Thank you so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No whitelist issue with 5th gen Intel Core processor machines. You might want to upgrade the BIOS just as a general best practice, but on machines that have a whitelist it is present in all versions of the BIOS. BIOS WL was dropped with Intel 4th gen models so 5th gen are 100% in the clear. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

No whitelist issue with 5th gen Intel Core processor machines. You might want to upgrade the BIOS just as a general best practice, but on machines that have a whitelist it is present in all versions of the BIOS. BIOS WL was dropped with Intel 4th gen models so 5th gen are 100% in the clear. 

HP Recommended

Well I think ther're no another question about this, thank you for the help

HP Recommended

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.