7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

WLAN upgrade on HP Envy m6 1105dx

HP Recommended
HP Envy m6 1105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I was looking towards upgrading the stock card Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter with a combo supporting bluetooth. Searching online for compatible cards, the manuals do not list my card which infers that I may not be able to upgrade. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
91,748 91,627 11,826 25,271
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TonyTone44 wrote:

....the manuals do not list my card which infers that I may not be able to upgrade. Any suggestions?

@TonyTone44 

Yes it does (on page 6). Your machine was built around 2013 therefore due to the whitelist, the chance to upgrade to newer wifi adapter is very slim to none. The manual shows you compatible adapters (again on page 6) and part # on page 61.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation