03-22-2013 12:09 AM
Anyone knows which WWAN module is able to work on Pavilion DV2-1003ax.
My unit doesn't come with the module originally. I wanted to get one from online seller.
Are these module compatible?
1. QUALCOMM GOBI2000A WIRELESS WWAN CARD -T77Z102.04 10-VP090-2 T77Z102
2. Qualcomm Gobi2000 Laptop WWAN Wireless Card T77Z102.02 531993-001 (K31-03)
3. Qualcomm Gobi 1000 GOBI1000 Hp UN2400 3G EV-DO WWN Card 438877-002
03-22-2013 03:39 PM
This is the part number from the Service Manual:
WWAN module 483377–002
Based on googling around this is a Gobi 1000 UN2400 3-G module.
Like wifi cards, using a wwan module that is not on the BIOS whiltelist will prevent the computer from booting, I believe. You must use an HP branded part.
There are many of these available from many sources on the internet. It is an unlocked card.
03-26-2013 11:17 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I tried looking at the Support page for DV2-1003ax, HP listed drivers for Gobi1000 UN2400.
as for the BIOS whitelist, do you mean i need to update the BIOS that support the device?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot