Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp notebook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP EX900 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe SSD or  Transcend 830S 1TB M.2 2280 (M-Key) SATAIII SSD #TS1TMTS830S will run in hp probook 450 g4 laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SATA only so the Transcend would work but not the HP you list in the question. 

See p. 44 of the Service Manual here:

Manual

Post back if you need any more help or please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

SATA only so the Transcend would work but not the HP you list in the question. 

See p. 44 of the Service Manual here:

Manual

Post back if you need any more help or please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

What is the type of supported m2 ssd slot in Hp notebook 450 g4?Will Pcie ,Nvme support in the laptop..?what is the sata type?m2 sata iii ssd or sata ssd?what kind of m2 ssd will support in this laptop?

I don't understand the things on manual about m2 ssd..

HP Recommended

I will make it as simple as possible.

NO NVME-NOT SUPPORTED-CAN'T INSTALL

SATA m.2 only like this:

https://www.amazon.in/AGB-Internal-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B07MR8871L/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=M.2+SATA+228...

You don't have to buy that one but it's the kind you need. 2280 form factor SATA-3 M.2 SSD. Got it?

HP Recommended

Thanks..i got it .

HP Recommended

Transcend 830S 1TB M.2 2280 (M-Key) SATAIII SSD #TS1TMTS830S

Here M key,B key or B+M key which one i should  buy?

HP Recommended

Transcend 830S is a B + M keyed device like the one I linked you above. Either B + M or M key will fit in the slot. The M.2 SSD must be SATA protocol NOT PCIe/NVME.

https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-982

Most SATA M.2 SSDs are B + M keyed. I have never seen an M only keyed SATA M.2 SSD. Does not mean they do not exist just that I have never seen one. 

Most NVME M.2 SSDs are M key only. A few are B + M. The keying is not what matters it is the configuration...for you SATA YES, NVME NO

HP Recommended

Thank u very much

HP Recommended

I want to buy a 8gb 2400 bus ram..

I want to know if there will be any problem if i use current 4gb 2400 bus ram + 8gb 2400 bus ram..

Will i get more speed than now i get ?

I am currently using Samsung 4gb 2400 bus and i i wa to upgrade it to 12 gb through another 8gb new ram of same bus but different company.. because Samsung 8gb module is not available in my region..

If i buy a 8gb stick with same bus speed ,will i i  able to get more speed?or will i face any issue

HP Recommended

more memory will improve performance and yes you can mix a 4 and 8 gig DDR4-2400 module but I suggest you simply add another 4 to have 8 total because of "dual channel" which you get if the two modules are the same size and type. 8 gigs in dual channel will perform as well as 12 gigs for most things you do with a computer. You don't need to buy Samsung as the second module as long as the memory is the same type (speed, density, latency). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.