07-13-2014 01:31 AM
My ram is of 2gb ddr3. I am planning to upgrade my ram upto 6 gb. I want to buy extra 4gb ram from my vaccant slots.
But Which type it will support.
Any recomends brand?????
Plese help me out hp.
07-13-2014 02:07 AM
Here is the service manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02657339.pdf
Yes you can upgrade upto 8GB (2*4GB) if the operating system installed is 64-bit
There are two slots in the memory bay
Supports dual channel boost if two identical RAMs of same size are put
Type: DDR3, SO-DIMM SDRAM
Speed: your processor can run RAM only at 1066MHz, if 1333MHz is put it'll downgrade to 1066MHz
Capacity: upto 8GB only if OS installed is 64-bit
In 32-bit OS, system can "take" only upto 4GB.
If your OS is 64-bit, you can add extra 4GB in other slot to make total RAM to 6Gb too.
Brands: Hynix, Elpida, Kingston, G.Skill, Crucial
Here are some of them:
Hope this resolves your concern,
***CLICK 'KUDOS' IF MY REPLY HAS HELPED YOU***
***CLICK 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION' ON THIS REPLY TO HELP OTHERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM***
Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say "Thank you" and the "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find this fix/answer easily
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot