Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-n201se TouchSmart Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion 14-n201se TouchSmart Notebook PC and when I'm trying to edit some videos the pc get slow.

I have 4gb ram on my laptop and I wanted to add another 4 gb ram .

Now my question is does my laptop has two memory slot? and can I make it 8 gb or upto how much memory can I use?

IF I can add another ram then will this ram ( http://ali.pub/342npl ) support on my laptop?

Thanks In Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See p. 45 of the Service Manual here:

Manual

Your laptop does have two memory slots and they are located behind an easy access panel. 

Yes you can add another 4 gig module. I am not familiar with the brand you linked from the aliexpress.com website but the type you need is DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM. The HP specified part is:

4 GB memory module  691740-001

Looks like this:

Your best bet is to remove the cover and look at what you have. Pay attention to how many rows (ranks) of black blocks are on the side of the module. The picture linked above from USA amazon.com is dual rank also known as low density and you should try to find another 4 gig module that is DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM (low voltage or 1.35 volt) and also has the same number of rows (ranks) of chips on the side as the module already in your laptop. This way you get the most compatibility. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if its the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

See p. 45 of the Service Manual here:

Manual

Your laptop does have two memory slots and they are located behind an easy access panel. 

Yes you can add another 4 gig module. I am not familiar with the brand you linked from the aliexpress.com website but the type you need is DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM. The HP specified part is:

4 GB memory module  691740-001

Looks like this:

Your best bet is to remove the cover and look at what you have. Pay attention to how many rows (ranks) of black blocks are on the side of the module. The picture linked above from USA amazon.com is dual rank also known as low density and you should try to find another 4 gig module that is DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM (low voltage or 1.35 volt) and also has the same number of rows (ranks) of chips on the side as the module already in your laptop. This way you get the most compatibility. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if its the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.