Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear All,

I bought a 840G5 in last year and it's display has dead pixel after 2 weeks of normal use. Then, I went to local HP repair center(they said not a HP authorized  service center and under HP) and they replaced the new display for me. However they left on sticker on one of the screw at bottom case:

warranty_seal_hidden.jpg

I edited the photo since they write down my laptop's serial number on it. I am confused with this sticker, since I have reapir experience D@ll and Len0v0 and even the @pple in Hong Kong and never seen these type of sticker. Therefore, I asked them will void the warranty If I just open the case for cleaning or replace memory/SSD/WWAN module and they said yes and I can't open it by myself and should let them to do hardware upgrade job(I don't know that is free of charge or not and turn around time).

So, I would like to ask anyone see a sticker like this after your machine repaired. Since I didn't find any sticker like this on Google at another place and HP stated some part can be replaced by customer such as memory module/SSD of 840 G5.

Best Regards,

Theodor

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Looks like that sticker is on a plastic bag. A repair center that is not HP itself has no authority to alter the warranty. You are allowed to open the laptop to upgrade memory and storage, clean it out, etc. On your model particularly it is set up to be customer accessible for certain repairs:

Manual

See pages 38-47 for "Customer Self-Repair". 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if its the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Dear Huffer, 

Thanks for your quick reply. In fact that sticker is not on the plastic bag and the photo was taken when I collected the laptop at repair center. Also I have another 840G2 which serviced by them and has a same sticker also sticked on one of the screw:

hp_warranty.jpg

I asked they several time about that sticker and they always said will void the HP factory warranty if the sticker once removed.

I have not tried another country's HP service so I would like to ask here have anyone seen that similiar sticker before.

HP Recommended

Never seen anything like it. I think they just want to be sure they make some money on any kind of service your laptop needs. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.