cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Water repairs, power light on but not??

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ab125nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I spilled a fair amount of unflavored seltzer water on my laptop last night, no sugars or anything just carbonated water. Immediately turned off, drained it, unplugged and removed the battery and left to dry about 7 hours, appeared mostly dry; attempted to open it up and found a few wet spots, dried with paper towels.

When I plug it in, the charging light works, when I start to open it the power light is on but turns off when the lid opens about halfway, and won't respond when I try to power on...

Any suggestions other than pay for repairs or replace laptop?
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,855 9,844 923 1,577
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Element12137 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing issues with the HP notebook. I will certainly do my best to help you!

Going through the post it looks like the some of the connections inside the notebook is damaged by spilling the water. Did you try using a hair dryer to dry the water inside the notebook? Open the back cover and try using a dryer or small fan. It has helped me once when I spilled coffee on my notebook long back 😉

But if that does not help, then I’m afraid the only option is to service the notebook. You can contact the HP phone support to get assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation