Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

my camera was just fine and then all the sudden i have the same issue

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Damnation

Greetings!

Thanks for being a part of the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the Webcam.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - 

1) Were there any hardware or software changes made? 
2) Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting on forums?

In the meantime, let's try these steps -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Expand the Imaging Devices.
3) Right-click on the HP Webcam and select Uninstall.
4) Confirm the uninstallation.
5) Restart the computer to reinstall the Webcam driver.

You may also refer to this document.

Let me know how that goes. 

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the purple "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.