Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 15 dr0022tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Initially webcam worked normally. Stopped working a couple of months ago and too busy to deal with it.

I have tried to open the webcam using the App and various software and each time message says  no camera installed.

Message reads OxAOOF4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @RobHosk 

Welcome !

Let me know how it goes after you follow it

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @RobHosk 

Welcome !

Let me know how it goes after you follow it

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

This did solve the problem. 

However, I think the message that the webcam is not available/installed is very misleading. It should say that the security switch is enabled and to access the webcam disengage the security switch or something similar. This has been a very annoying problem that need not have occurred. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

The message may seem misleading but is not (in my opinion) - from Microsoft/Windows (software) perspective.

Imagine that you separate the hardware from and the software...

The switch (button) physically disables the webcam and your software (Windows) then thinks it is missing or gone. The software cannot know what is the reason for the camera not to be present, therefore it says all possible common reasons. For the software the camera is simply not there and it says what is says.

There are also other switches available such as one for the Wi-Fi or many other components.

HP Recommended

I’m sorry. This is still not good enough. This is the Classic software versus hardware argument. As a user I don’t care who is responsible, just make it easy, unambiguous and simple to use! This makes me wonder why I chose HP using Windows. If this is your response and attitude I shall have to move to Apple where they just work together seamlessly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.