Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I just changed the back panel of my HP 15 r014tx back panel but now there is a new problem. Now my laptop camera is not working. it is lightning LED light and  recording audio but showing black screen

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@AbhishekSwarup Here's all you need to resolve the issue:

• Download the latest driver from the HP website: click here to access the came
  • If that doesn't work, I suggest you uninstall the device from the device manager:
    • Uninstall your webcam driver

• Open Device Manager.
    • Locate your webcam, right-click it, and choose Uninstall device from the menu.
      Webcam shows mirror image
    • Click on Uninstall to proceed.
      Webcam not working
    • Now click on Scan for hardware changes icon and wait while Windows installs the necessary drivers.
      Logitech webcam shows black screen
    • After reinstalling your drivers, check if the issue still persists. Keep in mind that Windows 10 can sometimes update your drivers automatically in the background causing this issue to reappear.

According to users, sometimes you might fix this problem simply by adding an additional light source.

If your webcam shows a black screen, simply use a flashlight or any other light source, and point it at your camera. After doing that your webcam should start working again, let me know if it doesn't, as it could be a hardware malfunction.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried your solution many times. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling through device manger . Please share me DIRECT link for HP truvision camera driver . This link has many drivers available to download but no webcam driver. 

I even tried system restore. 

Is it possible that my webcam camera broken but lights and mic working ?

Please help. 

Give me link to webcam driver (Direct Link)

Also tell me how to fix i

HP Recommended

@AbhishekSwarup

Install the Cyberlink youcam driver and check if that helps. Click here to download the same. Click here for HP PCs and Notebook - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8 )

Let us also run a hardware test on the webcam

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform Component Test > webcam. Share the result on your next post.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

webcam test.PNGwebcam 2.PNGI installed Youcam 6 still no help, I ran component test and HP Truevison HD webcam passed the test however there is one more component named cyberlink webcam splitter 6.0 which failed the test. 

I tried every solution provided by HP but my webcam is not working, it is recognized by device manager but using any app only displays a black screen. But it is on as LED light is on and audio is recording. And taking a picture only freezes the app.

Product Name : HP r014tx OS: Windows 8.1

Any changes made to system before this issue occurred ?

- No changes made ,however I replaced my back panel which was broken due to tight hinges. But I didn't disconnect the wires. And wires are connected properly I disconnected it and reconnecting it. 

I tried updating the driver from device manager and restarting the computer without success.

Did system restore,still no success.

Did not find webcam drivers in https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers after searching and selecting my model( r014tx)

there is no privacy switch and all permissions are allowed. 

Tried turning off windows firewall and windows defender too but no help.

When opening an app the light next to hardware camera lights up correctly but in the camera app and CyberLink YouCam 6 only show a black screen and both apps freeze when taking picture.

What to do ? Please helpwebcam test.PNGwebcam 2.PNG

HP Recommended

@AbhishekSwarup If none of that worked, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As you know I tried everything to fix webcam black image problem but nothing helped so i decided to refresh my PC /Reset my PC . But it shows error that some files missing ,insert recovery disk but when i I insert my recovery disk (never used before) it says disk is invalid. Please help me how to fix this issue. These recovery disks were created with the help of official HP support  over telephonic conversation in the year 2014 , I don't know how this disk can be invalid ? 

I kept it in a secure box of DVD ,used genuine DVDs, but still this is happening to me. Please help.

HP Recommended

@AbhishekSwarup

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a  nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.