Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-ar010ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I need an active pen for my HP ENVY x360 - 15-ar010ca, and I am looking for a compatible pen, but I can't be sure what should work.

This model of pen HP Pen 1MR94AA#ABL  is compatible with these models of envy: Envy x360 15-bpxxxx, 15-bqxxxx. 

Would it work with mine x360 - 15-ar010ca

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@karolintxuwrote:

Thank you for your fast reply and help.

Since I already own this model,  I am thinking of a capacitive pen instead,  would it work with my laptop model?

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I do not know and would not hazard a guess.

It is always best, if one wants a pen for a touchscreen notebook, to ensure that there is information published by the manufacturer of the notebook about a compatible pen. You can also check further for reliable knowledge on the internet regarding the same.

@karolintxu

What you can consider doing is taking your notebook with you to a computer shop. With the assistance of a sales associate looking to make a sale, you can find out if one that they have is compatible with your notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Sorry. No it would not work with your ultrabook.

There are no active pens listed as being compatible with your HP Envy x360 - 15-ar010ca ultrabook

Here is the document that has the updated list of notebooks which have compatible Active pens.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05166879

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Since I already own this model,  I am thinking of a capacitive pen instead,  would it work with my laptop model?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@karolintxuwrote:

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I do not know and would not hazard a guess.

It is always best, if one wants a pen for a touchscreen notebook, to ensure that there is information published by the manufacturer of the notebook about a compatible pen. You can also check further for reliable knowledge on the internet regarding the same.

@karolintxu

What you can consider doing is taking your notebook with you to a computer shop. With the assistance of a sales associate looking to make a sale, you can find out if one that they have is compatible with your notebook.

HP Recommended
Thank you! I now am sure that this model of envy does not support an active pen, so I have bought a newer model which comes with the pen.
HP Recommended

@karolintxuwrote:
Thank you! I now am sure that this model of envy does not support an active pen, so I have bought a newer model which comes with the pen.

You're welcome. That is a far better plan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.