Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
P4A28EA#ABU HP PAVILION NOTEBOOK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks! (1st post)😁

I'm sure this isn't the 1st time this question has been asked (and probably won't be the last)...

I recently bought a few games from STEAM (Batman Arkham series was on offer so bought City and Knight - pretty oldish games!!) and although Arkham City is just about playable (i think its from 2008) Arkham Knight (i think 2012 or 2013) is absolutely barely loading and frame rate etc is pretty much doomed. It actually says on load up that GPU needs an upgrade etc (latest drivers are updated) 

I'm currently stuck in Saudi (I'm from UK) since before the lock down and need a bit of escapism with some games and wondering what exactly can be upgraded on this notebook and will it make much difference?

Really appreciate any help and advice...!!

Processor AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (6.94 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

These are what i've found as minimum requirements:

Minimum System Requirements
  • OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz.
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM.
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660.
  • Graphics Memory: 2 GB.
  • DirectX®: 11.
  • Network: Broadband Internet Connection Required.
  • Hard Drive Space: 45 GB.
HP Recommended

@phirob

Welcome to the HP support community.

I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.