Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP Laptop that needs to be upgraded to work excellently for my online teaching job whilst using a green screen app while I teach. From what I understand, my current laptop, although i5, is not sufficient as is quite slow to be honest. Can you please advise what needs to be upgraded so that my laptop can handle alot more than it can now? It seems I need to get a compatible RAM for this device but not sure how to go about that (learning about this all today). Thank you kindly. Quite an urgent request as I have to get this sorted out ASAP! Thank you.

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit

MICROPROCESSOR: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz

SYSTEM MEMORY: 4GB

MEMORY SLOT 1 : 4GB Micron 2133MHz

SYSTEM BOARD: 832A 23.70

SYSTEM BIOS: F.52

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I guess we would need to know some more about this green screen app but I gather you are streaming a video lecture of some sort. I am afraid that might be a problem with the limited capability of the video card but you do not give us the full model to try to figure that out. In other words there might not be a viable upgrade that will make that laptop do what you need it to do. Assuming upgrade is possible, there is no question the place to start is adding memory and I would also recommend a solid state drive. 

Manual 

Inside of the laptop looks like this:

Memory in green square and red arrow points to M.2 slotMemory in green square and red arrow points to M.2 slot

You need at least another 4 gb DDR4-2133 SO-DIMM. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMSO4GX4M1A2133C15-SODIMM-Memory-Module/dp/B0143UM5YQ/ref=sr_1_3?ke...

SSD:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Sata-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B078WQVX9B/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=860+Evo+M....

Post back to discuss further

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.