Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an120nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Laptop Battery Died, and I ordered a replacement. But the replacement won't Charge. I ran HP Diagnostics using f2 and received the failure ID RSMV7T-96EA8U-MFPW3G-C68J03 for product ID 3WE38UA#ABA. What does this exactly mean, and what do I need to do to resolve it and allow my battery to charge?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Happy_Boi-69 

It means you have a bad replacement battery.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
RSMV7T-96EA8U-MFPW3G-C68J03OKxxxxx10/10/20619PowerAC Adaptor, Battery, Cache Battery Pack, Charger, Power Cord, Power SupplyBattery 1 Blow Fuse

Any other details that might be hidden within the code are only available to HP Support.

Unfortunately, you'll need a new battery.

Open

Maintenance and Service Guide

Parts and Procedure on Page 38-39

Description                                                                                                                                                                    Spare part number

Battery 8 cell 86 Whr 3.0 AH Li-ion (for use with NVIDIA N17E (GTX1070/GTX 1060) processors)       922977-855

Battery 8 cell 82 Whr 2.8 AH Li-ion (for use with NVIDIA N17P (GTX1050/GTX 1050Ti) processors)    922976-855

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

OMEN by HP - 17-an120nr 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.