06-27-2012 09:26 PM
Hello, I have an HP 8510p laptop. Actually, two of them.
One died a couple months ago. I hit the power button, with battery in and AC plug connected, and the charging light on the front left side of the machine blinks 8 times, nothing else happens.
I recently moved and have not plugged in my main laptop (just shut lid to hibernate). It was not used for about 4 days. Now, it is doing the same thing.
Come to think of it, I do some basic PC repair. I had an HP DV7 and an older Compaq model, both had issues like this. Any help? Googling "charger light blinks 8 times" returns nothing.
06-27-2012 11:50 PM - last edited on 04-19-2016 10:29 AM by OscarFuentes
Please look at this:
Sadly to say, could be a bad motherboard.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot