cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

What if I use with charger plugged in

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 352-TU
Linux

I'm using hp pavilion laptop. It's been an year. Now, I mostly use laptop while charger plugged in. I'm not playing any games or resource heavy program, just few typing softwares and so. I used to think, charging after draining is bad and rather,I should use it always plugged in. But, I drain the battery twice/thrice in a week too. Is there any bad in this way?

Regards!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,255 19,213 833 887
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ArminDavis888

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Keeping a laptop plugged in all the time with the battery installed will not affect the battery Therefore, even though an AC adapter is connected to the system, the battery will not charge if its capacity is 95% or greater.

Learn how to get the most service and life from your HP notebook battery by following these industry-wide suggested best practices.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 (refer to Battery care practices) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks but, if I use my laptop always plugged in, is my laptop using power from battery or is it directly using power from charger (like how desktop works)?

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,255 19,213 833 887
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ArminDavis888

Thank you for posting back. 

When battery level reached 100% and you still continue to use the computer with ac adapter plugged in, this will not draw power from Ac adapter instead power will be drawn from battery. Even though an AC adapter is connected to the system, the battery will not charge if its capacity is 95% or greater.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I must say that it's a bad design by hp

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,255 19,213 833 887
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ArminDavis888

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation