Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is your preference for HDD on ebay?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

WD

seagate

but not ebay ..

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@DavidMcKenzie 

You're mixing two very different terms -- performance and cheapest.  The drives that have the best performance cost the MOST, not the LEAST.  The cheapest drives have the poorest performance.

If you want really good performance then you need to avoid HDDs in general and go with SATA SDDs.  You will pay a lot more (generally twice the price) but you get the best performance.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Ok I understand but what's the best option for a sata ssd for at least 250 gb of space even though I perfer 500 gb. What is the best of at least to get considerable decent sata hard drives . Unless its maybe 45-50 dollars.

HP Recommended

@DavidMcKenzie 

Saying "best" is of no use -- as that is a vague terms that is meaningless.  Best could mean fastest, it could mean cheapest, it could mean practically anything.  There is no single quality that makes an SSD the "best".

Same is true of "considerable decent" -- as all the HDDs from the major manufacturers are basically the same quality.

These two are not interchangeable -- you need to decide WHICH you want: (1) fast expensive device, or (2) cheap slower device.  You can't get both fast and cheap -- those are not available.

We don't have performance specs for different model SSDs and even if we did, new models come out all the time, so our information would be out of date.  You need to do online searches for SSD models to see performance information for each.  For example, the Samsung EVO Pro models tend to be really fast -- but they also tend to be really expensive.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Maybe start by saying a little more about the computer model, exactly what you want!

Now you have two options, not the means, you buy a lower end SSD or HDD, certainly less powerful, but the quality will also be lower!
You want something more suitable, you have to pay the price
Currently, it is not the only ones, but quality price we have the crucial MX500 SSD (different capacities) more or less 40/50 $ for the 250 gb
https://www.crucial.com/ssd/mx500/ct250mx500ssd1
But think carefully because 250 is quickly full
You have the western digital wd blue SSD a little more expensive but a little more efficient can be (more or less $ 70 in 500gb)
him a little more around $ 55 in version 250, but oddly less expensive for version 500, less than $ 55 when I looked on their site
https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-sata-2-5-ssd#WDS250G2B0A

see the warranty period, it is quite important
crucial end wd 5-Year Limited Warranty (unless I'm mistaken)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.