Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-db0155au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I am here to ask you two questions. Because I am planning to upgrade my laptop.

1. What is the maximum memory sizeI can upgrade for 15-db0155au? 16gb or 32gb

2. What if I put same memory size, same bus, but different CL, different memory manufacturer e.g. Samsung and Kingston, will that often cause blue screen error?

Thank you everyone in advanced!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

HP indicates the max is 2 x 8 GB

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06245081

Crucial indicates the max is 2 x 16 GB.

Crucial is usually right.

I would install the same speed memory as the chip in there now...2400 MHz.

I would not leave the configuration at 12 GB because the memory will run in the lower performing single data rate (SDR) mode.

When you install memory in matched pairs (2 x 4 GB, 2 x 8 GB, etc.,) the memory performs in the better performing dual data rate (DDR) mode.

Watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_aPaj5QkmM

You may have heard that games and applications perform better with dual channel memory compared to single channel memory, but why is this the case, and how much of an improvement can you expect? In this comparison I've benchmarked 16 different games in a laptop at all setting levels as well as 9 ...
HP Recommended

Well, does that mean I can put 2 ram x 16 gb = 32 gb ram? 

I had read Crucial as well before I posted on this but I just want to make sure.

Thank you in advanced. 🙏

HP Recommended

I can't tell you any more than I already have.

HP says 16, crucial says 32, and crucial is usually right.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.