Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook MT41
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Probook MT41 with an A4-4300M apu. it originally came with 4gb or ram and a 16gb SSD. i quickly changed the SSD for a 500gb HDD that i had laying around and added another 4gb or ram. everything is good but this apu is still killing me. i have read the manuals online and its possible to swap the apu for a new one but lets be real a new of of the same specs just isnt good enough. so here i sit. pondering. just how much of an upgrade can i go. i have some a10s and a12s i think laying around in storage. would this work? or do i need to look for a particular apu from online to replace this baby with.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@obiwangeobi 

It is a Thin client class machine therefore not much choices. Please use the following link

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04015674

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

looking at the tdp of the 4300 at 35w could i use a similar tdp a8-3520m with 4 cores as an upgrade you think?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.