Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs004ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I am trying to plug the earphones I use on my mobile phone (i.e 3.5 mm jack) to the computer's headphone input jack and it does not fit (it does not go in completely and I am scared to force it). It seems as if the input jack of this computer was smaller than the one in the phone, is this correct?
Please someone tell me the preferred headphone jack size for my laptop.

Product Information:
Product Name: HP Notebook - 15-bs004ne
Model Name: 2CH89EA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi ,

3.5mm is the standard size for notebooks, desktops and mobile devices.  Have you tried connecting other headphones?  Are the headphones getting stuck halfway?

Regards,

Joice.

I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi ,

3.5mm is the standard size for notebooks, desktops and mobile devices.  Have you tried connecting other headphones?  Are the headphones getting stuck halfway?

Regards,

Joice.

HP Recommended

Hello @sagarcasm101,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forum with your inquiry.  

In this document that discusses audio issues, you will see images of headphone jacks and this note:

• "Some devices use a mini jack connector. This smaller connector is not compatible with HP computers and you might need an adaptor in order to use your device. Also, using an adaptor might affect the quality of the audio. This does not mean that your computer has a problem."  in link https://support.hp.com/emea_middle_east-en/document/c04474731#AbT1

Kind regards,

Patty-B

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Yes, I've tried 3 or 4 standard sized headphones and none of them gets in completely. Am I supposed to force it in?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try pressing it little inside and verify whether the jack does not have any loose contact. 

Try with different headphones.

Regards,

Joice.

HP Recommended
Thank you @Joice22
It was supposed to be forced in. I pushed it a bit and it went all the way in, and it works just fine. Thanks for your time.
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot @Joice22 !

I have been afraiding to push with force too - but after this topic I do it and it works properly now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.