Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I just want to upgrade my PC..

I'm about to buy a ram & I know that even if I put a ram with a speed of 3200mhz it'll still run at the speed it supports

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Blacknightlight,

Online information shows either 2400 or 2666 MHz top RAM speed for your laptop.  If you buy 2666 RAM sticks, and your laptop does indeed top off at 2400 MHz, the 2666 MHz RAM will simply down-throttle to 2400 MHz.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Blacknightlight,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Your HP Pavilion x360 - 15-cr0037wm (4ND14UA) according to: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05975208.pdf and: https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/pavilion-x360-15-cr0037wm#memory, can be fitted with up to 2 x 16GB (32GB) of [EDIT:] DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666 MHz, Non-EEC, Unbuffered, SODIMM, 260-pin RAM sticks.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@Blacknightlight,

Online information shows either 2400 or 2666 MHz top RAM speed for your laptop.  If you buy 2666 RAM sticks, and your laptop does indeed top off at 2400 MHz, the 2666 MHz RAM will simply down-throttle to 2400 MHz.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

This was really helpful.. thanks slot mate

I already know it can take up to 32gb of ram. And there's a 4gb ram that came with the PC. What I want to get is a 16gb ram (2400/2666/3200 MHz)

The motherboard number is HP 8488

My question, "is the max 2666 or 3200mhz?

HP Recommended

I didn't see this reply on time..

Thanks alot mate..

HP Recommended

I'm about to get a NETAC brand DDR4 16gb Ram (2666 or 3200 MHz) most likely the 2666mhz one.. So with the 4gb ram, it'll total to 20gb RAM.

HP Recommended

Which means the same thing will happen when I get the 16gb 3200mhz, it'll down-throttle to 2400 or 2666mhz. And by the 4gb ram that came with the PC is a 2400mhz type.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.