Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15 au624tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is 14 months old. this issue came from3-4 days. when im charging the laptop it charges upto 44% then gets stuck and it shows charging but does not charge, i tried uninstalling the microsoft acpi, the adapters but it didnt help/. i also ran the battery check test it says functioning properly but calibrate. my battery is non removable.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@rohanjha613

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that your experiencing issue with battery charge, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?

While you respond to those question, I have a few troubleshooting steps, you could perform to isolate the issue:

Run hardware diagnostics test on battery:

Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.
  4. The Component Tests menu displays. Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.
  5. To run both tests simultaneously, in the Component Tests menu, click Power Source, and then click Run once. Each component can also be tested individually.

Battery Test:

Follow these steps to perform the Battery Test:

1. In the Component Tests menu, click Power, and then click Battery.
  2. Click Run once. The Battery Test begins.
  3. When the battery test is complete, the results are displayed on the screen. For additional battery information, click Battery Details.

Built-in Battery:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

4) Plug-in the Adapter.  

5) Try to turn on the computer.

If the test passes, continue with these steps:

1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.

2. Expand batteries.

3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.

4. Shut down the computer. 

5. Disconnect the charger.

6. Remove the battery.

7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.

8. Insert the battery only.

9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

Also, refer to this article Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

maybe..but i idon't remember any software update that took place.

It hapenned for the first time in my laptop.

it never hapenned before.

I contacted hp care. They told me to update bois and calibrate battery. Ihave done all the steps, But still not working.

Battery check says ok. 

But now the battery is charging upto 60% then it is not increasing. 

mine is  non removale battery so could nt follow the next steps. give me the steps to follow for non removable battery

please guide and help me with this. 

its frustating to be with this issue for last 10 days.

HP Recommended

@rohanjha613

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue remains, I suspect it could be a battery related issue. 

Let's perform hard reset once again and check.

• Shutdown the computer.  
  • Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  
  • Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  
  • Plug-in the Adapter.  
  • Try to turn on the computer.

Note: Build in and Non removable batteries are same. 

Let me know!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

as per your instruction.. i performed hard reset .. but still the issue remains to be the same.. my laptop is been charging fr past 1 hour, and charge is till at  61 %.. 

please help

HP Recommended

@rohanjha613

Let's try the last step: updating system bios

Step 1: Disable BitLocker Drive Encryption

To prevent possible problems, disable BitLocker before updating the BIOS.

CAUTION: If BitLocker is not disabled, the next time you restart the computer the BitLocker key might not be recognized. If you do not know the BitLocker recovery key, you might lose data or need to reinstall Windows.
  1. Search Windows for 'bitlocker', and then click Manage BitLocker in the results.

2. Click Suspend protection, and then click Yes to suspend protection.

Suspending BitLocker protection

Step 2: Get the computer product number, processor name, and current BIOS version

To find the correct BIOS update, obtain the computer’s product number, the processor name, and BIOS version.

1. Using the notebook keyboard, press the fn and esc keys to open the HP System Information utility.

NOTE: These keyboard presses do not work if you use a docking station and an external keyboard.

HP System Information window

2. Write down the Product Number, Processor Name, and System BIOS version number.

Step 3: Install the BIOS update

Download and install the latest available BIOS update from the HP Customer Support website.

1. Go to HP Software & Driver Downloads, and then enter your computer product number.

2. Look through the available software for BIOS, click it, and then confirm it is a higher version number and it is for your processor type.

• If the update is correct, click Download. Follow the on-screen instructions to save the file to your computer. Do not select the option to Run the file.

• If the update is not correct, view the details of other available BIOS updates. If there are no other updates, the computer does not require a BIOS update.

• If BIOS is not in the list of available software, an update is currently unavailable.

3. Make sure the power cord is connected to the notebook. Keep it connected during the BIOS update process.

4. Close any open applications.

5. Temporarily disable your antivirus software. Search Windows for 'security', open the Security and Maintenance settings, and then click Security to access virus protection settings.

6. Browse to the folder or desktop where you saved the downloaded BIOS update file.

7. Find the file name (example: sp12345.exe), and then double-click it to start the installation.

The following behaviors can occur during the update process: the computer beeps, display turns off, cooling fans turn on or off, and the power button light flashes.

CAUTION: Do not shut down or restart the computer until the update process completes.
  8. Follow any on-screen instructions, and then restart the computer when prompted to complete the update.

9. If Bitlocker was suspended, search Windows for 'bitlocker', and then click Resume Protection.

10. Re-enable your antivirus software.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My BIOS is up to date.

I updated it 2 days ago. After talkng to the hp care they sent me the link and following instructions i updated it.

It helped me a bit because before updating bois  my chaging was stuck in 44% .

after updating bios.  it charged  upto 60% then got stuck.  what else can be done sir..

please help..

HP Recommended

@rohanjha613

I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

sorry you didnt send me any private messages. its empty

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.