Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Notebook #ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

While working on Battery only (after 15mins), my system gets Shutdown even though my battery is fully charged. 

Please suggest how to fix the issue.

Thanks!

Arun Kumar. G
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ArunGollamudi

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

Let's try to Test and calibrate the battery using HP Hardware Diagnostics.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04700771 Testing and Calibrating the Battery.

Keep me posted, how the test goes.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I would like to Thank You for your reply to my email.

I have tested the battery as per the reply sent by you. Please find the attached screenshot on the same. 

But as mentioned earlier, My Battery will be fully charged, but while working on the Battery only my laptop is turning off (A sudden shutdown in a flash). The issue still continuing. I have even looked into Power/Battery settings also. But in vain.

Please find attached screenshot and suggest me in fixing the issue.

Thanks!HP BATTERY STATUS TESTED - FINE WITH IT.jpg

Arun Kumar. G
HP Recommended

@ArunGollamudi

Check if the issue persists in BIOS.

Follow the below steps to boot into BIOS page.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.

2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.

Try updating the BIOS using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

If the issue persists, in BIOS page this could be a hardware issue.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

I have updated the BIOS and even then the issue persists. On 12th minute the laptop got shutdown in a flash.

Please suggest what to do now.

Thanks!

Arun Kumar. G
HP Recommended

@ArunGollamudi

Open the System Tests menu when Windows won't start.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click System Tests.

The System Tests menu displays.

4. From the main menu, click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

Selecting the Extensive Test

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component displays on the screen. The test can take 2 or more hours to complete.

Running the Extensive Test

6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

Keep me posted, how the test goes!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Raj,

I have performed the TEST as suggested by you. Please find attached screenshot on the same.

Thanks!HP Laptop issue 17.02.2019.jpg

Arun Kumar. G
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.