Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-DA0062CL NOTEBOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day, I bought this HP pavilion notebook a month ago and each time I connect a USB chord/drive, it keeps on disconnecting and connecting back at the slightest shake. Also whenever I connect my phone to share a file, due the the shaking, MS Photos keep on popping up randomly and it sucks. I please I need help

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Inans, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This PC comes with 3 USB ports, have you tried connecting the USB drive/phone to a different USB port and check if the issue persists?

Do you see any physical damage on the USB port?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307 Thank you, I tried all three ports but the issue persists. It was when I used a Samsung original  chord of a friend that it didn't disconnects and reconnect... 

Every normal chord that I try to use else, has the issue. 

And secondly, my Microsoft photos always pop up searching for photos from my phone to update on my system, as a result of this USB port shaking, it reoccurs frequently and it sucks! I don't know how to disable that as well. 

HP Recommended

@Inans

If it is working fine with the Samsung chord, it seems like the issue is with the chord that you are using. Try using a branded chord and check if that helps.

You may also use a thumb drive/flash drive and check how it works to check if the ports are working fine.

Update the BIOS and Chipset driver

Click here to download the latest version of  the BIOS

Click here to download the Chipset driver

Also, let us run a test on the USB port to check the hardware functionality.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. Perform Component Test > USB port. Share the result

Keep me posted.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. I tried a different chord and it's working fine. 

What I want to stop now is the Microsoft photos that always pop up seeking to copy my pictures from my phone. How can I stop it? 

HP Recommended

@Inans

Glad to know using another good known cable fixed the issue. Let us try these steps to stop Photos app from running automatically:

This issue might have occurred if the sync settings for auto play is set to automatic. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps.

1. In the Search Windows, type Autoplay settings and select it.

2. Now under Choose Auto Play defaults, you can select Ask me every time or Take no Action.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Wow 💃 that solves it. Thank you so much. 

Please, again, I discovered that recently when I connect my charger to my laptop to charge, the cursor begins to slow in movement; I don't know if it can be resolved? 

HP Recommended

@Inans

Glad to know the issue is resolved. Let us try these steps to resolve the slow cursor issue:

Right-click on Desktop > Intel Graphics Settings

Then choose the "Power" option. Make sure the power plan is selected to Balanced mode.

Also, Disable Enhanced power-saving mode.

Click on Apply.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.