Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11 G3 n3060
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where would I find USB 3.0 drivers for a HP Stream 11 G3 n3060 notebook computer?

The standard HP support site doesn't list any (support.hp.com/drivers) and there doesn't seem to be any third party support.

Could someone point me in the direction of a download site that could help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I guess since it is a USB ethernet adapter, it would need to use its own network driver which may not support USB 3.0 fully, I'm not sure.  You might try researching that driver if you have not already.  Device Manager would show which driver it is using.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I do not think there are specific drivers for USB 3.0.  If this is a USB 3.0 storage device that is not being recognized, check if it is recognized in the Windows Disk Management utility.  Also check for an unknown device in Device Manager.  You might also try reinstalling the chipset drivers for your laptop.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the rapid reply.

This isn't a storage device as such, rather an ethernet adapter connecting to the network.

The issue is that when using a USB ethernet adapter on USB 2.0 it successfully builds and updates via SCCM, but via USB 3.0 the behaviour is inconsistent.

Does this detail change your view?

HP Recommended

I guess since it is a USB ethernet adapter, it would need to use its own network driver which may not support USB 3.0 fully, I'm not sure.  You might try researching that driver if you have not already.  Device Manager would show which driver it is using.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.