3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Where is the 500GB SSD HD?

HP Recommended
2020 Omen 17" i7 w/Nvidia RTX 2060
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received my brand new Omen 17 from HP last week. When ordered I opted for the Intel 500GB SSD w/ 32GB Optane memory.  This was a no cost extra and I am going to upgrade  storage anyway. My upgrade was to dual Samsung 970 M2's Nvme for a total of 1 TB storage. I did the Optane disable etc, then removed the Optane m2 stick. No problem. I then proceeded to remove the (what I thought was the 500GB SSD) from the Omen. The "SSD" was just a piece of PLASTIC!!! with the Omen logo on it. There was NO SSD I could see anywhere. The part # on this fake SSD  pastic piece is AP23Z000800 MHC1. Does anybody know what the devil is going on??  My laptop does show 500GB as drive C when I open "This PC",  What the devil is HP doing?  I was expecting to find an Intel 500GB SSD as described and on my receipt for the build. Can anybody help?? thank you all and have a Happy New Year

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,384 89,263 11,442 24,552
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nutbustd 

Looks like your machine has Intel Optane H10. 32GB Optane and 500GB/512GB SSD are on one physical unit.  Please check its label, it should have H10 on it. Removing Optane also removeed 500/512GB SSD.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Nutbustd
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you!!  That makes total sense. I did install the 2 Samsung's M2 Nvmh and what a speed difference!! 

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,384 89,263 11,442 24,552
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nutbustd 

I have not tested nor reviewed those changes but I believe the Intel drive is faster because it has Optane builtin

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation