Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
2020 Omen 17" i7 w/Nvidia RTX 2060
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received my brand new Omen 17 from HP last week. When ordered I opted for the Intel 500GB SSD w/ 32GB Optane memory.  This was a no cost extra and I am going to upgrade  storage anyway. My upgrade was to dual Samsung 970 M2's Nvme for a total of 1 TB storage. I did the Optane disable etc, then removed the Optane m2 stick. No problem. I then proceeded to remove the (what I thought was the 500GB SSD) from the Omen. The "SSD" was just a piece of PLASTIC!!! with the Omen logo on it. There was NO SSD I could see anywhere. The part # on this fake SSD  pastic piece is AP23Z000800 MHC1. Does anybody know what the devil is going on??  My laptop does show 500GB as drive C when I open "This PC",  What the devil is HP doing?  I was expecting to find an Intel 500GB SSD as described and on my receipt for the build. Can anybody help?? thank you all and have a Happy New Year

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nutbustd 

Looks like your machine has Intel Optane H10. 32GB Optane and 500GB/512GB SSD are on one physical unit.  Please check its label, it should have H10 on it. Removing Optane also removeed 500/512GB SSD.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nutbustd 

Looks like your machine has Intel Optane H10. 32GB Optane and 500GB/512GB SSD are on one physical unit.  Please check its label, it should have H10 on it. Removing Optane also removeed 500/512GB SSD.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you!!  That makes total sense. I did install the 2 Samsung's M2 Nvmh and what a speed difference!! 

HP Recommended

@Nutbustd 

I have not tested nor reviewed those changes but I believe the Intel drive is faster because it has Optane builtin

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.