Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 625

Hello everybody!

On my HP 625 motherboard is broken. The north bridge, based on AMD chip, is overheated, and HP 625 can not start.

Sympthoms:

HP 625 switches on from time to time (mostly it does not start). It may start now, but can not start 5 minutes later.

Generally, after switch on power button of the notebook, Caps Lock key blinks 5 times, the screen is blank and nothing happens anymore (bootloader, operating system is not loading). It means that North bridge on the motherboard is broken. As I understood it is the typical problem of HP 625 notebooks.

Where can I buy new motherboard for the HP 625?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.