Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4-1101EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my battery is getting a little old now and not lasting very long. Where can I buy a replacement battery thats going to be reliable? Do HP sell them?

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe the battery is 3400mah and you are right to get one at least equal to that capacity to have the same duration of charge. When posting the example I didn't look at this.

David

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would buy from an online store and you can choose between a genuine HP replacement part or a compatible battery. I would buy a quality compatible battery for example: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Standard-Battery-4-1101EA-2700mAh/dp/B01NBHM54E

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended
Hey thanks for the reply. Do you know what mah battery is in the laptop as stock? I ask because I didn't see it mentioned on the product page and I had already had a google around and most of what I saw was 3400mah whilst this one is 2700.

I think the battery life was mediocre enough to begin with to want to replace with at least one of the same size.

Thanks again!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe the battery is 3400mah and you are right to get one at least equal to that capacity to have the same duration of charge. When posting the example I didn't look at this.

David

HP Recommended
So I have been looking around. I only seem to be able to find it at a hand full of places all having extrememly poor reviews and all sound to be based in China mascarading as being in the UK.

I did open up my laptop and it does indeed have a 3400mah battery so the one on Amazon just won't do being 20% smaller capacity.

Anywhere else that I can buy one from or is that it, laptop has to go in the bin? It says on the battery replace with HP Spare 681949-001. Does HP have a spares site?

Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes HP has site where you can buy spare parts:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

Insert the part code and see if it is available in your country.

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.