cancel
thebatfink Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Where to buy HP Envy 4-1101EA Battery from? Do HP sell them?

HP Envy 4-1101EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my battery is getting a little old now and not lasting very long. Where can I buy a replacement battery thats going to be reliable? Do HP sell them?

Any help would be much appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
9,555 9,340 1,827 3,438
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

I would buy from an online store and you can choose between a genuine HP replacement part or a compatible battery. I would buy a quality compatible battery for example: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Standard-Battery-4-1101EA-2700mAh/dp/B01NBHM54E

Hope it helps,

David

0 Kudos
thebatfink Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey thanks for the reply. Do you know what mah battery is in the laptop as stock? I ask because I didn't see it mentioned on the product page and I had already had a google around and most of what I saw was 3400mah whilst this one is 2700.

I think the battery life was mediocre enough to begin with to want to replace with at least one of the same size.

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,555 9,340 1,827 3,438
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

I believe the battery is 3400mah and you are right to get one at least equal to that capacity to have the same duration of charge. When posting the example I didn't look at this.

David

thebatfink Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

So I have been looking around. I only seem to be able to find it at a hand full of places all having extrememly poor reviews and all sound to be based in China mascarading as being in the UK.

I did open up my laptop and it does indeed have a 3400mah battery so the one on Amazon just won't do being 20% smaller capacity.

Anywhere else that I can buy one from or is that it, laptop has to go in the bin? It says on the battery replace with HP Spare 681949-001. Does HP have a spares site?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,555 9,340 1,827 3,438
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Yes HP has site where you can buy spare parts:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

Insert the part code and see if it is available in your country.

Hope it helps,

David

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation