A_B_A Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where to purchase replacement battery if part is not available on parts store (part #844204-855)

HP ENVY x360 Convertible Model 15t-aq100 (Product# W0U47AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking to purchase a new battery for my laptop for self installation, but I can't figure out what I should do if it's not available on the parts store. I looked on the parts surfer (http://pro-psurf-web-glb.austin.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=W0U47AV) and the part was listed with the description "ASSY-BATTERY 4C 55WH 3.615A LI MB04055XL", but where other parts had a tick box to add to cart, this part had the text "N/A". Where should I look for replacement batteries?

3 REPLIES 3
Grad Student
Grad Student
160 159 33 51
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where to purchase replacement battery if part is not available on parts store (part #844204-855)

I can see a few listings on Amazon.com and eBay.com

** I don't work for HP ** Click Blue Thumbs Up icon below if you like my answer
A_B_A Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. How reliable are batteries from Amazon or Ebay? I'm a bit worried about counterfeit or shoddy batteries.

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
160 159 33 51
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My experience with laptop batteries from eBay is generally ok. Not so much for mobile phone batteries.

For Amazon, check the reviews and answers. I would go for the popular/heavily reviewed ones and avoid very cheap (price) ones. 

** I don't work for HP ** Click Blue Thumbs Up icon below if you like my answer
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation