Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 P206-TX
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Hello everyone!

Actually I wanted to upgrade my notebook's(Pavilion 15-p206tx) HDD to SSD and convert my antique DVD RW disk to HDD via a caddy enclosure.

My question is whether my DVD RW drive supports SATA 3.0 interface,

DVD drive is of 'hp DVDRW GUB0N' model.

Thank you all in advance for helping me out

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

No in fact even the hard drive in that machine runs in SATA-2 300 mbps mode. 

See page 101 of the Service Manual here:

Service Manual

The ODD SATA port likely transfers in SATA-I mode 150 mbps. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply sir.

But as per third party softwares like HWiNFO and Piriform speccy, the HDD supports speeds upto 6.0 gbps and is of SATA 3.0 interface.

HP Recommended

Yes you likely have a SATA-3 HDD but you need to look at the capability of the port not the drive.

In speccy you should see a max transfer mode and used transfer mode for each connected drive. There is also a section for optical drives and I do not have an optical drive so cannot show you what that looks like.

used transfer modeused transfer mode

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.