Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product -  HP Pavilion Notebook 15bc406-tx

Processor - Intel i58300H

I have planned to upgrade my laptop with a SSD ( I already have a HDD and an empty slot for SSD) and I m not quite sure which one to buy a M.2 NVMe SSD or a M.2 SATA??

I have not been able to gather information regarding the interface (SATA or NVMe) and hence I am confused.

or in short can my machine support a NVMe SSD (as they are the faster ones 😁)

any info will be much appreciated

thanks in advance😀

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, actually you have only a 1 Tb HDD, but any SSD, is it this?? 

If yes, you can in effect add an m.2 SSD, but if I check your maintenance guide I see you can in your model insert only an m.2 SATA SSD (page 43):

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06325755

If you want to be sure you can open your PC (see page 37) and check if you have been the m.2 slot. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, actually you have only a 1 Tb HDD, but any SSD, is it this?? 

If yes, you can in effect add an m.2 SSD, but if I check your maintenance guide I see you can in your model insert only an m.2 SATA SSD (page 43):

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06325755

If you want to be sure you can open your PC (see page 37) and check if you have been the m.2 slot. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much the help. It definitely clears things up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.