Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dh1070wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Which generation is the hp omen 15-dh1070wm? Is it compatible with with a generation 4 nvme ssd?

Also the RAM speed is 2933, can I use a 2666hz dimm?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The notebook is compatible with NVME SSD products. 

We don't speak of SSD products in terms of generation.

That is processor IT hardware speak. 

Your notebook's processor is 10th Generation.

Only use guaranteed compatible memory modules. If you add a module that is lower bandwidth(i.e. 266MHz) both modules will downclock to 2666 Mhz if they even allow the notebook to boot up at all.

Mixing memory module capacity is not a great idea. You will have success if you use either a module identical to the currently installed module or use a pair of guaranteed compatible DDR4 memory modules.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I meant to ask for the motherboard generation not the processor. When you look at the specs of an nvme ssd for example the western digital 2TB SN850 it says that it's compatible with motherboard generation 4.

There's a way through command prompt to know it but I don't have the laptop.

HP Recommended

The motherboard generation isn't really a thing.

It is all about processor and chipset generations.  Those are the determinant factors for memory and storage (SSD) compatibility.

It is PCIe lane technology and that is the forth generation the marketing blurb from Western Digital is referring to. It should have said PCIe 4.0. That is the real phrase not the marketing speak in the advertising blurb about the Western Digital SSD.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

This is really a great explanation however does the hp 15-dh1070wm have the pcie 4 compatible with the western digital black SN850.........????????

HP Recommended

The western digital black SN850 SSD is  PCIe 4.0 and the chipset on your notebook's system board has PCIe 3.0 lanes.

Downward compatibility  exists, so it will operate, but at the PCIe 3.0 bandwidth instead of PCIE 4.0.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.