Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Stream 11-r001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi. My laptop has a hard drive of only 32 GB and I would like to change it for a bigger one (only with windows the hard drive is already full). Which characteristic must the new one have, to fit in the notebook and to work properly? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I hate to burst your bubble, I truly do.

You purchased a "notebook" that is at the very bottom of the spectrum. 

The 32GB hard disk you think you have is an eMMC memory chip that is integrated (soldered) into the notebook's system board.

The "32 GB eMMC  flash memory that serves the Stream as a "hard drive"  is not upgradeable by any standard means.

Here are a few articles you should read very carefully to work around the limitations of having chosen a Stream notebook. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05449785

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I hate to burst your bubble, I truly do.

You purchased a "notebook" that is at the very bottom of the spectrum. 

The 32GB hard disk you think you have is an eMMC memory chip that is integrated (soldered) into the notebook's system board.

The "32 GB eMMC  flash memory that serves the Stream as a "hard drive"  is not upgradeable by any standard means.

Here are a few articles you should read very carefully to work around the limitations of having chosen a Stream notebook. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05449785

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your answer. That was my husband that wants to surprise me with a present. But I see it didnt come to a good end 😞

HP Recommended

@Avesucha wrote:

Thank you very much for your answer. That was my husband that wants to surprise me with a present. But I see it didnt come to a good end 😞

Sorry to hear that.

I am sure that he meant well. :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.