Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 13 X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the original HP P/N L23960-001charger for my laptop with a UK mains cable, and I'm looking for a mains cable suitable for use in Japan.

My issue is that I can find many Japanese/USA type B plugs which are 3 pin, however most Japanese sockets seem to be 2 pin.

What should I be searching for so that I can buy the correct cable without having to carry additional adapters?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

The Voltage and Frequency may also be an issue.

Short term

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=travel+adaptor+for+japan&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Longer term source one in Japan.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. The adapter is rated 100-240v 50-60Hz so the voltage and frequency isn't an issue.

I realise I could buy a plug adapter in the first instance and then buy a cable from somewhere over there, however I want to avoid that if possible as it will save some space and time if I can just get the cable I need over here first. Hence the original question to save on carrying unnecessary adapters.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.