cancel
Timefarer Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Who can help me out with how many ram slots the hp 15 da0062cl has?

Hp 15 DA0062CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please, how many ram slots does the hp 15 da0062cl have? And does intel optane storage occupy ram slots?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
41,120 39,596 6,159 10,694
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Who can help me out with how many ram slots the hp 15 da0062cl has?

Here's the Manual:

Manual

Since yours has an i3 processor you have 2 slots:

15da.jpgMemory in green square M.2 slot in red circle

So 2 slots in the position shown above. For you maximum memory would be 32 gigs: 2 modules of 16 gig DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM.

Optane "Memory" is a misnomer. An Optane module actually occupies the M.2 slot as shown above. An Optane module is nothing other than a small capacity...16 or 32 gigs usually...PCIe/NVME M.2 SSD which works with the mechanical hard drive to speed it up. I guess they call it "memory" because adding one has an effect on the system kind of like adding RAM. It does greatly speed up the hard drive to where it works much more like an SSD overall. But using that slot to install an actual PCIe/NVME main bootdisk of 256 or more gigs is even much much faster than that. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation