Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-bw021na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to know what WiFi cards are compatible with the HP 14-bw021na laptop.

It currently has a Realtek AW-NB274NF.

Would it work if I put an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260NGW WiFi card in, as I have heard that HP sometimes put whitelists on what WiFi cards can work in their laptops.

If the the Intel 7260NGW is not supported, are there any other WiFi cards that are supported by the HP 14-bw021na laptop, and have Wireless-AC?

Also, If the 7260NGW is compatible, could someone direct me to where I can buy a second antenna to fit into my laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook only has one antenna wire connected to the currently installed wifi adapter, and all but one dual band wifi adapters require two.

There is only one dual band model wifi adapter you can upgrade to, and that is this one...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see some Intel 3165 cards listed on the eBay listings, so don't buy those.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001.

Below is the link to the service manual for the model series, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

HP 14 Laptop PC (AMD)* Model numbers: 14-bw0xxHP 14g Laptop PC* Model numbers: 14g-bx0xxHP 14q Lapto...

You can also watch this video for how to remove a wifi card like the one your notebook has...

Replace the Wireless Module | HP Notebook 15, HP 250 and 255 G7 Notebook PC | HP - YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook only has one antenna wire connected to the currently installed wifi adapter, and all but one dual band wifi adapters require two.

There is only one dual band model wifi adapter you can upgrade to, and that is this one...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see some Intel 3165 cards listed on the eBay listings, so don't buy those.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001.

Below is the link to the service manual for the model series, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

HP 14 Laptop PC (AMD)* Model numbers: 14-bw0xxHP 14g Laptop PC* Model numbers: 14g-bx0xxHP 14q Lapto...

You can also watch this video for how to remove a wifi card like the one your notebook has...

Replace the Wireless Module | HP Notebook 15, HP 250 and 255 G7 Notebook PC | HP - YouTube

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your response  :-D.

I have a second question, is it possible to install a second antenna, allowing a WiFi card that requires two antennas, if so, where could I get these extra antenna? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes it is possible to add a second antenna wire and transceiver, if you are willing to take the entire notebook apart including the display panel, to properly run the second antenna.

The antenna kit is listed in chapter 3 of the service manual.

(7) Antenna (includes wireless antenna cable and transceiver) 925314-001

The part is not orderable from HP, so unfortunately I would have no idea where you could buy it.

HP Parts Store - HP Computer Parts - HP Printer Parts - Compaq Parts

If you are able to find and install a second antenna wire/transceiver, you could upgrade to this model Intel wifi card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11AC 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo Adapter (non-vPro)    901229-855

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.