Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 13-AQ0011MS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone- 2 possibly connected but possibly separate issues with my new HP ENVY 13-AQ0011MS. I bought it in late November, but this issue only started occurring about 2 weeks ago. I'll walk through what happens:

Issue 1
Whenever I am done using my laptop, I physically close the screen down. I don't put it in sleep or shut down the laptop, just close the screen. Lately, whenever I re-open the laptop, the WiFi is no longer connected. It has my WiFi name as an available network, but it can't connect. The WiFi is working fine on my phone, so I know it's not the router or anything. I haven't tested it long enough to be sure, but this usually happens after not using the laptop for about a day. From what I can remember, if I close the laptop then re-open an hour or two later, it works fine. But when the WiFi isn't connecting, I restart the laptop.

Issue 2:
The laptop shows "Restarting..." for a while, then a blue screen pops up with a "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." The Stop Code is: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Once it finally restarts, I'm able to login and the WiFi works fine.

Any suggestions about where I should start with this? Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@schrums1
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's try Microsoft system restore:

System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.