saiful_aman
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi adopter problem realtek 802.11 bgm

Pavilion 15 n018tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just removed my wifi card just to remove dust around my ram and wifi card . But after that it does show any connection i tried every thing reinstalling drivers and ever removing and re installing my wifi card but it doesn't help .

Its that the card is thier but doesn't show any network connection . And can you tell me how much i can increase my ram and which is worth taking 

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
17,959 17,904 1,670 3,936
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@saiful_aman 

My guess, since you were probably NOT wearing a grounding strap when you removed the WiFi chip, is that you damaged it with a static charge.

If you press the Esc key repeatedly while rebooting, and then when the HP Startup Menu appears, press F2 to run diagnostics, you may be able to see if the WiFi chip still works.

I would look into getting that repaired before you spend money to upgrade the memory on a laptop that no longer has working WiFi.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
saiful_aman
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for helping but maybe that's not the problem here, in bios I show the chip model no ( i guess it's working )

it was actually not connecting to my phone only ("redmi 6"  not even showing my mobile hotspot ) . for some instance it worked like normal shows my device connection and all but not working after that. it shows other connection and my phone hotspot can connect with other pc and mobiles but not my pc .

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation